Bento # 32

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Well I'm back from all the birthday/dedication maddness. Planning a party/event for a 1 year old is hard work. But it was well worth it. Baby Evan had a great time and so did his mom and dad. We were able to catch up with friends and family, which was great. Can't believe our miracle baby is already a year old...seems like it was yesterday when I found out I was pregnant, and now here we are celebrating his 1st year of life. Here are a few pics:




And as a wannabe baker, I made the Giant cupcake cake and the other cupcakes myself. Frosted the majority of the cupcakes with my goddaughter, Adrienne, helping out with the mini cupcakes. I also made the cupcake stand myself, with the idea and inspiration from the internet.
Pretty much most of the guests were impressed and couldn't believe I did it myself. But yeah, I'm pretty proud to say I did it!
As far as bentos are concerned, I admit I pretty much slacked off for the past couple of weeks. I totally apologize to my husband Steven and my son Tim. I did start back this week...started on Wednesday with this bento:

I haven't made this meal in over 3 years, I couldn't believe how much someone could miss a pork chop, lol. This was one of my go-to meals when we were on our own. So simple but with sophisticated taste. (thank you to my friend Lisa who showed me how to make those yummy beans!)

Main bento box: steamed rice, sliced pork chop loin and red beans (puerto rican style)
Veggie box: baby carrots, grape tomatoes, black olives, cucumber slices with ranch dressing Snack bag: red and green seedless grapes

Till next time.................

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bento Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino