Bento #3: Local "Hawaiian" Plate Bento

Tuesday, June 15, 2010


This bento lunch is dedicated to my hubby, an island boy. He's been craving this particular meal since I mentioned trying out bento lunches, so I finally granted his wish. From left to right: steamed rice with furikake, portuguese sausage, kimchee, tomatoe and cucumber flowers. (Ranch dressing in bottle for "flower salad") And as you can see on top of the bento box, a teeny tiny "Baby Ruth" candy bar for dessert.
I was preparing this during game 6 of the Lakers/Celtics Finals....and thank God the Lakers won, more inspiration for me to make a nice lunch for my hubby and son. The son had the same lunch except for a teeny tiny "100 Grand" candy bar for dessert. (He's allergic to peanuts.)
So I tried putting the sausage in an aluminum baking cup so the rest of food won't become greasy, and then placed the whole thing on top of a romaine lettuce leaf. And the kimchee is contained in a small "glad" container.
Well hope the boys enjoy themselves tomorrow, 'cause I know I would, and actually my mouth is drooling right now :) . Till next time.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bento Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino