Bento #14 "Filipino Style" with Side Car

Wednesday, June 30, 2010


Tomorrow's bento lunch is a plethera of filipino party favorites. (all thanks to my mom who was in a fancy mood and made the wonderful dishes) There is pancit, a noodle dish made from rice sticks, pork, chicken and shrimp. Garnished with celery, carrots, and cabbage. Steamed rice. Lastly, chicken and pork adobo. A stew-like dish of chicken and pork braised in soy sauce and cooking wine.
Then my husband started tinkering in the kitchen...next thing I knew he came up with this snack bento. My part is the little side car at the top.
It is three peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into shapes using cookie cutters I found at the Dollar Tree over the weekend. The little side car is steamed edamame with toasted walnuts.
Till next time......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bento Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino