Major Bento Accessory Haul !!!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Well since we didn't go the beach for the holiday weekend...always too much traffic and people, and we still wanted to get out the house to unwind, I asked the husband if we could take a trip for a bento haul. He agreed, so off we went with the little one to ....Marukai 98 plus Store. Located in Gardena, California, this store is part of the Marukai Japanese Supermarket chain. We do have a Marukai market 5 mins. away, but not too much bento accessories. I had done some research online and found on Yelp information about this store and many good recommendations, so I had to try since I was so disappointed by the Tokyo Japanese Outlet store in Arcadia.
And let me tell you, I was not disappointed at all! First off, let me warn you, items are not all $0.98. I know, false advertising, but $1.25 to $1.89 for non-food Daiso products is not bad either. Let me tell you, I was in heaven when I got to the aisle that had all the accessories, I think I even did a little dance! Anywho here's the haul:

All the items, minus 3 snack items, totaled $31.78. Can you believe it!! I could have easily spent $40.00 more, but I was on a budget and , ahem, the husband was with me. But he did say after that I totally scored, since I spent $9.79 last weekend on only 3 items. And they even had one of same items for only, get this, for $1.89. (that was the egg molds) I mean I really felt like kicking myself when I saw it there at Marukai.
Here are a few items up close:
30 Assorted short picks $1.89

Ciao 9-piece Animal Spoons $1.89

Ciao Mayonaisse Food Containers $1.89

Ciao Sauce Containers $1.89

Monkey Mayonaisse Container $1.89

8-pc Animal Fork/Spoon $1.89

6-pc Sauce Container w/ dropper $1.89

Ciao Food Cups $1.89

Rice Mold-2pc $1.89

Sushi Rice Mold $1.25

Ciao Furikake Shaker $1.89

20-pc sauce bottles $1.89

See what I mean, such great deals. I've seen a lot of these items online for at least $2.99, plus shipping. I will definitely be going again, but not for awhile. Here's the address for others who like to take a peak at this store:

Marukai 98 Plus 1360 West Artesia Blvd. Gardena, California (310) 516-8160

Till next time...............

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bento Love Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino